“Engr. KC is a very dependable person. She’s very good with people, she’s always smiling despite the workload. I can confidently say that if there’s someone I can depend on, it’s her” Dir. Catherine Parado of the BWC said during her interview on the nominations for the DOLE Model Employee.
Engr. Kristine Carol S. Soriente, or affectionately known as “Engr. KC”, is among the 5 awardees of the DOLE Model Employee Award accorded during the Flag Raising Ceremony on 28 September 2015.
The award is in recognition of outstanding DOLE Employees who have gone over and beyond their usual tasks to deliver excellent service to the Department and its clients. Not only that, the award acknowledges exemplary performance, indeed, the Model Employees are the epitome of exceptional public service.
Aside from being a dependable and diligent employee, Engr. KC is an effective and efficient technical personnel in her 2 years stay with the BWC. In such a short time, she has contributed significantly to the Bureau. Some of her more significant achievements include the following:
1. Contributed in the drafting of Manual on Labor Laws Compliance System and Procedures for Uniform Implementation;
2. Contributed in the design and development of the LLCS-Management Information System (LLCS-MIS), a software that was developed to complement the LLCS;
3. Attended, participated and completed the participation on the ILO-KOSHA Fellowship Training Programme in Ulsan, Korea: she is now working on the review of OSH Standards for MSMEs in line with the LLCS implementation;
4. Attended, participated and completed the participation on the ILO Maritime Labour Academy-Track 1 in Turin, Italy: she was then certified as “Professional Trainer” in the inspection of ships for compliance with the ILO Maritime Labour Convention, 2006;
5. Acted as resource person/facilitator to several activities involving LLCS orientation including technical safety, LLCS-MIS utilization, and Maritime assessment and certification;
6. Assisted the ROs (CARAGA, VII and IVB) in the conduct of on-board assessment of domestic ships;
7. Conducted assessment on recruitment and manning agencies in NCR to provide technical assistance;
8. Conducted technical safety inspection on Shell Malampaya Platform (as a BOSIET Certified personnel she was the only qualified DOLE inspector to conduct said inspection); and
9. As a Registered Electrical Engineer, she also reviews and evaluates electrical wiring installation applications.
The DOLE Model Employee awardees also received Php 5,000 cash incentive and a certificate of recognition.